Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Creative Insight from Dali



If you're stuck in a creative pot hole, consider some thoughts into the creative process from the great man himself. Dali understood that the method of creation in itself was something which could not be understood and the significance of what he was doing could only be perceived much later.

"One day I hollowed out entirely an end of a loaf of bread, and what do you think I put inside? I put a bronze Buddha, whose metallic surface I completely covered with dead fleas...After putting the Buddha inside the bread I closed the opening with a little piece of wood, and I cemented the whole, including the bread, sealing it hermetically in such a way as to form a homogeneous whole which looked like a little urn, on which I wrote 'Horse Jam'.

And what does this mean eh?"


Therefore according to the master, do not be afraid of the unknown or absurd. Nothing can be as stupid as doubting one's own powers of creativity which is so far away from reason and comprehension. Kiddo's, it's time to be crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home